Saturday, February 16, 2013

Spinners for All Your Spinning Needs . . . and a Freebie!

Did you survive party week? My kiddos were much calmer on Friday. Must have been a sugar coma! Thankfully, we have a 3 day weekend for President's Day. You can bet I was frantically working to get everything ready for Tuesday so I can truly enjoy the weekend! 

As I was setting up my word work, I thought of you guys! I normally set my word family spinners on the table, but it seems like they always get covered up. I decided to try them on the wall . . . and it worked! When I took the spinner for a spin, it landed on different word families! Yay! 

Did you know you can make your own spinners? You can get a set of {8 for $2.99}! Not bad! 

I love these things and the cool thing is that you can take them in and out. One set will last through your whole teaching career! I always switch them out on my word family spinners.


Click the pic to pick some up for only $2.99!
Here is how I put the spinners on. If you would like some word family spinners, you can click to get 

I have a goody for you too! Scoop up this 
                        Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the link! These look perfect :)

    Catherine
    The Brown-Bag Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link to the spinners! Just what I've been looking for!

    Kara
    Spedventures

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello again! I used your spelling strategy of the kiddos reading th words back this week and it worked beautifully! I saw several kiddos catch mistakes, thank you! I already have these spinners in my cart at Amazon, and I use your Comprehension Spinners with my Comprehension Skill group during reading. Just using a spinner instead of my asking the questions really helps make it more fun for the kiddos! Thanks so much for sharing again!
    Hilary
    Second Grade is Out of This World!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I clicked on the picture of the spinners and Amazon says they cost $7.00 - not $2.99!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe that! That stinks! Thank you for the heads up!
    Hilary Lewis

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe that! That stinks! Thank you for the heads up!
    Hilary Lewis

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

My Blog List

Labels

Add to Google

Total Pageviews

Follow on Bloglovin