Saturday, February 16, 2013

Spinners for All Your Spinning Needs . . . and a Freebie!

Did you survive party week? My kiddos were much calmer on Friday. Must have been a sugar coma! Thankfully, we have a 3 day weekend for President's Day. You can bet I was frantically working to get everything ready for Tuesday so I can truly enjoy the weekend! 

As I was setting up my word work, I thought of you guys! I normally set my word family spinners on the table, but it seems like they always get covered up. I decided to try them on the wall . . . and it worked! When I took the spinner for a spin, it landed on different word families! Yay! 

Did you know you can make your own spinners? You can get a set of {8 for $2.99}! Not bad! 

I love these things and the cool thing is that you can take them in and out. One set will last through your whole teaching career! I always switch them out on my word family spinners.

Click the pic to pick some up for only $2.99!
Here is how I put the spinners on. If you would like some word family spinners, you can click to get 

I have a goody for you too! Scoop up this 


  1. Thanks so much for the link! These look perfect :)

    The Brown-Bag Teacher

  2. Thanks for the link to the spinners! Just what I've been looking for!


  3. Hello again! I used your spelling strategy of the kiddos reading th words back this week and it worked beautifully! I saw several kiddos catch mistakes, thank you! I already have these spinners in my cart at Amazon, and I use your Comprehension Spinners with my Comprehension Skill group during reading. Just using a spinner instead of my asking the questions really helps make it more fun for the kiddos! Thanks so much for sharing again!
    Second Grade is Out of This World!

  4. I clicked on the picture of the spinners and Amazon says they cost $7.00 - not $2.99!!!

  5. I can't believe that! That stinks! Thank you for the heads up!
    Hilary Lewis

  6. I can't believe that! That stinks! Thank you for the heads up!
    Hilary Lewis


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover