I gave the kids a paper clip to use as a spinner and they were ready to roll . . . or spin I guess I should say!
There are 5 different spinners on each letter page to give the kids ideas for their sentences.
I decided to do this as a whole class activity, but it could definitely be used in a small group or at stations. Here's the way I got going.
- Give each child a 'spinner' page and paper clip.
- Kids spin the paper clip to find a name, who (or what), where, with what, and adjectives to describe those things.
- Kids write the words from the spinner in the correct boxes on the 'sloppy copy' page.
- They then write a sentence using words from the boxes. Have them use describing words to make the sentences more interesting and colorful.
- I checked the sentences on the sloppy copy and provided a final page for the published sentence.
- The kids illustrated their sentences and shared them with the class.
The kids had such a blast and asked to do more! Getting kids excited about learning is half the battle! SCORE! If you would like to score your own pack, just click here!