Friday, November 22, 2019

Thanksgiving Math Mysteries

Wow, Thanksgiving is late this year! What are you doing for the next 2 or 3 days before Thanksgiving? Well, I have an idea for you. Why not let the kids do a short math mystery.

I have always liked this math mystery because it is short but a lot of fun. Math Mysteries are a fun way for kids to practice math skills and do a little reading as well. They are able to practice math standards in a 'story problem' type format. The mysteries are set up in a 'choose your own adventure' type of theme.
There are a couple of different ways I've used math mysteries in my room.
  1. I print out a copy or two in color and put the pages in plastic page protectors and then place them in a 3-ring binder. Then, the kids can use a dry erase marker to work out the problems. You can see how I did this in this video.
  2. Or, I print out the sheets that have 4 pages to a sheet and make individual booklets for each child.
  3. Or, I print the books in color and spiral bound them so I have enough for 1/2 the class. Then, the kids buddy up to solve the mystery.
If you think your kids would like to do a math mystery instead of a boring worksheet, check them out here
They are also available as a BOOM card activity. 
Available for grades 2-4.


9 comments:

  1. As a student of finance, Math is my favorite subjects and I am always practice my all sums and your blog reflects that we should do math practice and suggest to kids to do a math activities which is important to sharp the mind. I am normally do assignments by the help of finance assignment experts who guided me very well and now I am very sharp in Mathematics through that type of activities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fantastic. Math is my favourite topic as a finance student, and I am always practising all sums. Your blog suggests that we should undertake math practise and encourage children to participate in math activities in order to sharpen their minds. I am awebsite design services who offers web design bolt. Thank you for your significant contribution; please keep it current, and I will continue to follow you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This article is about thanksgiving gifts for those people who can interest in solving math mysteries. they also provide us with points on how can solve this mystery. Now it's time to avail shutters in birmingham for more information.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your idea of thanksgiving gifts for students to improve their math is unique. Keep sharing awesome ideas with us. Now, it's time to get the services of Digital Consultancy click for more information.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your math mystery is amazing and enjoyable for students all the time. I think kids would like to do a math mystery instead of a boring worksheet. Thanks for sharing this great idea with us. It's time to know about y2 mate for more details.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's great to see that Thanksgiving Math Mysteries are becoming more popular nowadays! They provide an interesting way to make students think critically about mathematics in a festive environment and help promote problem solving. As a bonus, these puzzles help prepare students to stay up-to-date on the latest technology trends, such as computer processors for sale. It's a great way to have some fun with Math this Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

My Blog List

Labels

Add to Google

Total Pageviews

Follow on Bloglovin