Friday, August 20, 2021

Teaching Genres with FREE Writing Prompts!


It's been about a week since school has been back! I am hanging in there. Not gonna lie; I always forget all of the things that need to be taught and retaught in those first 20 days of school. There are so many little details that need tweaking! One thing I always add is a review or teaching about the different genres. 

Our librarian does an awesome job of helping the students choose books so I try and work with what she is teaching and mimic that in my room. I like to add in this Genre Escape Room as a center (either independent or partner), have students do at home, or we can work on together in class.  
It's a great review for genres. 


I have JUST added these new FREE writing prompts  to my TPT store to pair with the Genre Escape Room or just a little writing all on their own! 




Genre Posters to post around the room for easy student reference! 



Want all THREE?! Pick up the bundle here



Genres are a fun and easy way to teach reading at the start of the year! Let me know what you choose to enhance your genre teaching. :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

My Blog List

Labels

Add to Google

Total Pageviews

Follow on Bloglovin