Thursday, September 22, 2011

Making Words Makes Better Readers and Writers

If you know me very well, or have looked at many of my items in my shops, you know that I am a big advocate of making words.

Working with word families is an effective way to get kids reading and help them learn to decode longer words. Learning to read should be a hands-on experience.



     
 Kids love using rubber stamps to make words too!



Kids make lots of words with magnets and my 'Let's Make Words' book. I just enlarge the pages on the copy machine to make them larger. I have also used smaller cookie sheets with the smaller pages.



Using write-on/wipe-off pouches from Lakeshore Learning, children are able to make words using dry erase markers. You know how they love markers!



Click the pic to get your copy of 'Let's Make Words!' Available for short vowels, long vowels, special vowels, and in a value pack of all 3 books!

Get your kids making words like crazy! I'd love to hear how your kids make words in your room! 


Have a Fabulous Friday!
 

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on your new blog. Found you through TBA linky party. Now a follower.

    Theresa
    candydishtreats.blogspot.com
    primaryprincess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog. I just awarded you The Versatile Blogger Award. Thanks for sharing your great ideas!
    Fun 2B in First

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for becoming followers! :)
    Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  4. So we are able to teach our students on how to build a good foundation regarding their basic skills as reading and & writing and what in addition they needed to occupy. sentence reworder

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

My Blog List

Labels

Add to Google

Total Pageviews

Follow on Bloglovin