I have to say that Class DOJO is the best thing since sliced bread! I've never been the best at classroom management . . . I have tried so many different behavior systems it isn't even funny!
Class Dojo is so simple to use . . . I even have a bunch of teachers at my school using it now! I think we are even going to try to set something up school-wide for next year. Here's what you need to do to get your class up and running!
1. Head on over to Class Dojo & click the 'Try it right now' button.
2. Register yourself . . . You only need your name & email!
3. Voila! You are signed up! You can take the tour if you want, but
if you want the short version . . . here you go!
4. Click the green 'plus' sign to add your class. Choose your grade
level and name your class. I have a different class set up for my
homeroom and for my math class.
5. Enter your student names then click 'add these students'.
6. Click on the 'Behaviors' tab to add any behaviors you would like
to add. You can add positive and negative behaviors. I add a new
behavior every time something new comes up! (The ones listed
here are the ones that you start out with.) After you finish, just
click the 'finished' button!
8. If you want to adjust the avatars, sounds, visual reminders, etc.
just click the 'class settings' tool.
9. You are ready to reward your little cuties for all the wonderful
work they do in a day! You can also take away points when
needed. You can choose more than one child at a time too! Just
click the names you want to reward.
10. Then just click the behavior!
11. The screen keeps track of the total number of points that have
been accumulated. I keep mine set so it keeps a running total. I
don't really want everyone to see the negatives.
12. When you are done for the day, just click the 'End Class' button
and you will get an overall class report.
13. You can click on one child's name to see his/her individual
14. The individual report also breaks down the points. You can
also add comments.
15. At the end of each week, I set the dates to include the whole week, and then send the reports to the parents through email. You can also create PDFs that you can save or print.
You just have to check this program out . . . I'm telling you . . . You won't be sorry! One of my good buddies who really doesn't like technology, set this up . . . ALL BY HERSELF! She will even tell you . . . "If I can do it . . . Anyone can do it!"
DO THE DOJO!