Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Bubber Word Word Fun

This summer, when I was in Chicago, I found this awesome modeling compound that is AWESOME for my word work station. It is great to help kids learn by doing. 
Check this stuff out! It reminds me a little of Moon Sand, but it doesn't fall apart like Moon Sand.
Here is the Bubber in a 'blow up' sandbox. It's really cool because it has a cover that has Velcro around the edges, so you can close it up really easily.




I got these cool stamps from Lakeshore and have been wanting to use them forever. I just don't want to mess with play-doh because it dries out. I tried clay, but it was too hard for the kids to press into.



The kids use these stamps to make words in the Bubber. 




It gets better than that! You can also use sand toys to make cookie like letters and it holds together!


Voila! Isn't that neat? The kids were totally engaged while playing (aka learning) at the word work station! That's what it's all about!





Rock on!

                 Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Kaylees Education StudioSeptember 26, 2012 at 1:28 PM

    What a fun creative way to teach sight words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It feels so neat too! stress reliever for me at the end of the day!LOL

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

My Blog List

Labels

Add to Google

Total Pageviews

Follow on Bloglovin