Sunday, March 9, 2014

Bright Idea - Keeping Books in the Right Bin


Like many elementary teachers, I have a plethora of books in my classroom. (I might have a little bit of a book addiction.

At one point in my teaching career, I had books on book shelves. The kids couldn't see the books, so consequently, they didn't read as many books. I decided I needed to change my system up. So, I of course, put the books together by genre/topic. I love having the books separated by topic, but there was still ONE big problem! The kids don't put the books in the correct basket half the time!

My solution? 

Colored dots with numbers! What else?!


Thanks for stopping (or hopping) by! If you like this bright idea, be sure to pin the picture for others to see!

Are you ready to hop to the next bright idea? 
Click below to read about more color coding tricks from Kristen at: 


If you would like to pick and choose the bright ideas you'd like to read, just check out the buttons below.







Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. I think I'll be adding this to my summer to-do list! Thanks!

    Jennifer @ Herding Kats in Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might have a bit of a book addiction too...This is a great way to keep your books organized! I always ended up going through my bins once a week to make sure they were all in the right place. This would save me a lot of time!

    Sara :)
    The Colorful Apple

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice and easy- my favorite! Thanks for such a bright idea :)

    Jenny
    Luckeyfrog's Lilypad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Love it! Love it! Thanks so much for sharing!!
    Laura
    Peace, Love, and First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea, Hilary! Such a simple solution that will save me time and help my students be responsible and independent!
    Linda
    AroundtheKampfire

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did this 2 years ago, and it is extremely helpful. I coordinated my number system with our reading series themes, then added categories with letter abbreviations for seasonal stuff. I think it took my mom and I 20 hours to complete the project.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

My Blog List

Labels

Add to Google

Total Pageviews

Follow on Bloglovin