Monday, January 18, 2016

Simple Technology for Engaged Learning


You know it is sometimes overwhelming with all the apps out there, but sometimes all you need is a camera on a device. 

In math, we are learning about lines, line segments, parallel, intersecting...the whole bit. Our Everyday Math workbook wanted the kids to look around the room for examples of those terms. So, instead, we grabbed our devices and started snapping pictures. The kids then gathered back together to share the real-life items they found that had parallel line segments. Even if we had stopped there, it would've been a good learning experience.

However, we went further with the Seesaw Learning Journal app. 

  1. Kids choose a picture to use.
  2. They upload it to Seesaw.
  3. Then, use a writing/recording tool to explain their learning.
Check this video out:



Find out more about Seesaw by clicking the pic. I know you are going to LOVE it! I sure do...and so do my munchkins!


Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Technology evolution build a great effect for our new generation and we listen about lots of new invention on a daily basis.
    Academics

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such precisely written and explained! I really love the idea behind your concept as many people fail to represent the main aim behind their whole story. So I really appreciate it and I literally connect to every word. Looking forward for more words from your side. Cheers!
    Source: Professional Branding Services

    ReplyDelete
  3. The site you've created is quite useful and instructive. I discovered exactly what I was looking for, and it has been quite beneficial to me. Thanks!
    Source : Tiled Roof restoration near me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Technology evolution has a significant impact on our current generation, and we hear about numerous new inventions on a regular basis. I really like the notion behind your concept of web design bolt because many people fail to communicate the essential goal behind their entire story.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

My Blog List

Labels

Add to Google

Total Pageviews

Follow on Bloglovin