Thursday, October 1, 2020

Halloween Digital Math Mysteries - Now with Narration!

Happy fall y'all! It has been a beautiful start to fall this year. Last year it seems like we went straight into winter! 

I'm not sure if you knew that I retired in 2018. Well, I was loving it and then, in August, I went back to my old school to help a friend in her classroom. The next thing you know, the principal is calling me into her office to chat. The first thing she asked me was if I would like to teach a 5th grade, in-person class. I said absolutely not. Then, she asked if I could take a medical leave for a 1st-grade teacher AND it was teaching virtually. So, of course, I thought...how hard could it be? 

WELL, I'm here to tell you that it was MUCH more difficult than I thought! I was in tears on day 2! It is an amazing amount of work and I'm sure you already know that! Well, that teacher still hasn't returned and I am now doing 1/2 days which is much more manageable. Wow! Teachers should be getting medals for the jobs they are doing nowadays!

Because I was able to go to 1/2 days, I am able to keep up with my Teachers Pay Teachers store. And, I have to tell you, I am just so excited to show you my newest version of my math mysteries! This is the second-grade version. Students have the option of being read to or reading on their own. Then, they answer the math problems with just a click. If they get the correct answer, the story continues If they get the wrong answer, they get a 'stopper' and click to go back and try again! So cool! Take a look at this video to see just how it works.

   

I am going to use narration for older grades as well, but the kids will just have to click the play button if they want to. I thought that would be good, especially for students who may have difficulty reading.

I have 1st and 2nd grade versions ready to go now, but I am working on 3rd and 4th grades as we speak!

Also, there is a Google Forms included in these digital versions as well. If you prefer to use Google, this is a good option. However, there isn't a narration option on Google. To have that, it would take the students to another site and no one wants that! Click the pics to check out these fun, engaging activities, just in time for fall break and Halloween!


             




I hope you are having a great start to your school year. Talk soon!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

My Blog List

Labels

Add to Google

Total Pageviews

Follow on Bloglovin