Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Get Fluency Flowing in a Flash!

I needed a way to help parents understand the importance of reading fluency. 

I know it is difficult to sit through . . .um I mean listen to a child read aloud to you, especially when you are trying to get kids to events, cook dinner, help with homework, and the list goes on and on. However, it is super important!

I thought it might be nice if parents had a little background knowledge to help them, help their child. Why not tell them what fluency is or how it sounds? Why not give them directions on how to help with those things? Well here's a {pack} that can help with all that!



I do depend on great resources like {Lakeshore Learning} for my reading passages for the kids to practice at home. I sure don't want to type all of those reading passages up on my own! There are also some awesome resources that you can find online, and they are FREE!

If you care ~


The Common Core State Standard - Reading: Foundational Skills for Fluency {Grades 1-5 RFS.4} states:

Read with sufficient accuracy and fluency to support comprehension.

  • a. Read grade-level text with purpose and understanding.
  • b. Read grade-level text orally with accuracy, appropriate rate, and expression.
  • c. Use context to confirm or self-correct word recognition and understanding, rereading as necessary.

Hope you went out to VOTE today! Rock on USA!


5 comments:

  1. You come up with great ideas and put them together in such an appealing way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Often times at our first time IEP's parents have no idea what fluency and accuracy is. This is a great resource to send home! Also DIBELS and Aimsweb have passages that you can print out. You have to have an account with Aimsweb so check with your school/district. I use them both for our progress monitoring. THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fluency in such kind of the evident facts are considered to be so important and will prove to be much better to regard about. reword sentences

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of the useful information. I am very happy to read this article. Thanks for giving us this useful information. Also read this article M Sand Manufacturers and Suppliers in Bangalore

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for this. I really like what you've posted here and wish you the best of luck with this blog! Also read this article.
    m sand suppliers in bangalore

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

My Blog List

Labels

Add to Google

Total Pageviews

Follow on Bloglovin