Monday, September 26, 2011

Wow! This Totally ROCKS!

So, I was just checking some email and saw that I was given an award!!! It's my very first award and I'm so EXCITED! I received The Versatile Blogger Award!
                                         

This award comes with three rules.
  • Thank the person who gave it to you and link back to them in your post. Thank you so much Fun2BinFirst! You ROCK!  Oh my goodness!! I just looked at my email and got another Versatile Blogger award from Mary Pitner from Pitner's Potpourri! Do you know what is even funnier? I was just searching for 2nd grade blogs and saw Pitner's Potpourri pop up....doo, doo, doo, doo...(if you didn't know, that is the Twilight Zone music...not the vampire stuff...hehehe)
  • Share 7 things about yourself. 
  • Pass this award on to 15 recently discovered blogs.Here are my seven things...in no particular order...except #1!
  1. I have one, huge and wonderful family! I will be celebrating 10 years with my amazing husband, this year. When we met, we each had 3 sons...Can you say 'Brady Bunch?' Well, I can tell you, it has been quite a ride, but I like to think it's just the roller coaster of life. Of course, I can't leave out my husband's 2 step-kids either...I KNOW!  They are all awesome kids. Couldn't ask for any better!  Oh, and do you know what is more fun than being a mommy?....Being a grandmommy! It's so fun to play with them, spoil them rotten, and then send them home!         
  2. My kids tease me about a lot of things. One of the biggies is that, every summer, I have a new project. This summer my project was working on items for my teacher stores and working on my blog. I spent all of one summer making a scrapbook for my oldest son who had gone into the Navy. (It's really hard not to see or talk to your kid for 6 weeks!) Another summer, I worked out and ate Subway everyday! Everyone's favorite summer was the time I watched Rachel Ray and made all kinds of good food. They keep asking me to do that one again! I guess they're sick of Hamburger Helper!
  3. I love to create things...not just teacher materials...all sorts of things! Every year, I make a video for the students in my class. I LOVE to draw on my iPad, too! It makes it so easy! You can layer and everything! I also love to make photo books on my computer...I love scrapbooking too, but it really takes a lot of time and I'm keeping busy with my teacher items and blogging. I am still hooked on making teacher items and blogging...I think this 'project' is going to last awhile...at least another summer or two...wait...I'm still doing those things AND teaching!
  4. I LOVE SUMMER!!! I know what you are thinking...All teachers love summer...but it's not just the nice weather, the pool or beach...it's just that I don't have a schedule...or if I do have a schedule it is like...where do you want to go to lunch?
  5. I hate haunted houses! I guess that's on my mind since it's getting to be Halloween time. I really don't like Halloween or dressing up either....I'm really not sure why...My mom always made the cutest costumes, but I was always a little embarrassed to be 'different.' Weird since I consider myself a pretty creative person.  I KNOW why I don't like haunted houses though...when I was little (ok, so I was in college...who cares!) I went to the Children's Museum haunted house. Some creepy thing jumped out at me and scared me so bad that I jumped backwards into the person behind me...my head ended up on his teeth! OUCH! No haunted houses for me anymore!
  6. I'm a computer nerd of sorts. My 23 year old son is very impressed with that...he told me that 'most people my age are afraid of trying things on the computer!' I'm not afraid of trying new things... My philosophy...if it doesn't work, close it out and start over...oh, and don't forget RATS...Read All The Screen!
  7. And, last but not least...I love football! I've even won my fair share of football pools! I even got kicked out of one because I won 2 weeks in a row...some of the (guys) that were in the pool got mad (waaaaahhhh!) and said that since I didn't start at the beginning of the season, I couldn't be in the playoffs.  What a bunch of babies! I mostly love the COLTS...even though they are having a rough year...I'm still behind them 100%! We'll be back...just you wait!
Here are some really neat blogs that I have just come across! Wow, there are so many creative people out there! I LOVE IT! You know what my idea is....????  I think, we should create one AMAZINGLY AWESOME school of our own! Put all the creative teachers from our blogs together...WOW! SUPER SCHOOL!








Photobucket"/>
2nd Grade Bliss
  

Farmtastic Fun in 2nd Grade
















 

Masketeers Blog

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

My Blog List

Labels

Add to Google

Total Pageviews

Follow on Bloglovin