Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Case of the Valentine Villains!

Well, I've got another math mystery ready...hot off the press! I even got one made for my 1st Grade Friends! I'm still working on the 3rd Grade version, but I'll be sure to let you know when I get it finished! I've even had requests for 4th and 5th grade books. Since I am using the Common Core Standards to write all of the questions for my books, that shouldn't be too much of a problem. Hopefully you will find that they are right on target for your students.



I also wanted to give a shout out for 'the  Coach' at Engaging Lessons...She is the one who gave me this awesome idea for the mysteries. I bought 2 of hers about a year ago and could never find any more! I just had to have them...that's why I made some for my kiddos. Be sure to check out her site...she even has another math mystery out! Hers are a bit shorter, so that may be good for your little guys!
 I thought I would make a little video to show you how I use the math mysteries in my classroom. Be sure to check that out. I've also included a label for the spine of your binders as well (if you use binders).


I will never know why I can't get a decent picture to show up on the still shot of my videos!...I changed it and everything...oh...and sorry that I keep looking at the computer weird!


LOL Okay...I'll shut up now so you can watch the video! It is under 4 minutes! 

Thanks everyone! Hope you had a great MLK day...even if you did have to go to school yesterday!


Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Thanks, I am so excited about the new one, please let me know when the third grade one is done, I will definitely snatch it up. :) They are so great. And thanks for the video, it helped me have some other ideas as to how to use it! Yay! You even inspired me to make up my own story for my kids, not for math, but for language, reviewing homonyms. I had never even thought to do that before, so thanks for bringing out some creativity in me, that I never really knew I had. :)Thank you! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the mention Hilary! It has brought a lot of traffic :)) Have a great rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stacy, the third grade one is done and I have it on my blog and in my TpT and TN store! I'm glad your creativity has been awakened! :) Are you going to put your homonyms book on TpT? Let me know!

    Hilary

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

My Blog List

Labels

Add to Google

Total Pageviews

Follow on Bloglovin