Saturday, February 25, 2012

Fabulous Flip Books-Sucesses & Troubles

We've been working on our contraction flip books at school. I thought I would share some of the great sentences and pictures that go with them! I explained that I would be grading them with a rubric. The rubric will cover CUPS . . . Capitalization, Understanding, Punctuation, and Spelling. I'm also going to rate them on their Neatness. . .  N-CUPS  I guess!

Here are the flip books before we started working on them. (You can get a copy on this page from Google Docs. There is also a video to help you make the flip books . . . they seem so simple! Ugh!)

 The kids were to use the 2 words to make a contraction that they would use in a sentence. They would then illustrate their sentences. I have to tell you . . . Some of these are a HOOT!
Safe and sound!
Do you think this girl has heard that before?
I think I've been to this restaurant before!
Help!
Me too! ALWAYS!
How many promises have you made at Target? LOL
Yikes! A bear!
This is an amazing picture . . . however, we are going to work
on finishing this before the end of the 9 weeks! :)
We will be going over these sentences next week. We are
going to have a little talk about they had and they would.
I really didn't think about how hard this would be! 

Thanks for stopping by! Sorry I can't seem to post more than a couple of times a week . . . the weeks sure do keep me busy! I'm sure you can relate!

 Be sure to get your free flip book download . . . I promise to get the rubric done soon. I'll have that on here for you as well! 


Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Looking great! Getting ready to download them now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My students are struggling with contractions, too. We're going to do the contraction surgery I've been seeing lately! :)

    Melly<><

    Stapler’s Strategies for Sizzlin' Second Graders!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like a great way for kids to learn contractions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

My Blog List

Labels

Add to Google

Total Pageviews

Follow on Bloglovin