Saturday, September 8, 2012

Spectacular Second Grade Stories

 Well, we finished our stories and pictures from  our 'Talking, Drawing, and Writing' assignment. I think they came out fabulously! It's neat how detailed the pictures are. That's because the kids experienced and talked about their experience before they begin to draw.
I love to see the small details that the children add to their pictures. Check out the cars in the background in the picture up above and the vase of flowers in the windowsill in the picture to the right. Amazing!
With this activity, I take the children through the entire writing process. We use our {writing binders} to go step by step. I do wish that I could clone myself so that the editing wouldn't take so long. I love hearing the kids read their stories to me though.
 I came up with a way to make sure that I met with everyone and that I didn't meet with the same kids over and over again. You know how that goes ~ Some kids will write 15 stories before some of the kids even finish one!
Here's what I did. I wrote each kid's name on a small clothespin. (I love these things. Not sure why I can never find them though. Surely, other people love them too!) I put all of the clips on a strip of tag. Should've made it cuter, but sometimes I think of stuff on the fly. Use what you've got, right? 

As the kids finish and are ready to meet with me, they move their clip to the big pencil that I've had up forever and a day in my writing junk stuff area. 

I just take the clip from the big pencil and put it in a little box. That way, I get to meet with everyone and can check up on the little nuggets that have trouble finishing their writing!

If you would like to check out the book, Talking, Drawing, Writing, here you go!


Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I just bought small clothespins at Target yesterday. There was a pack of 20 in the dollar spot. You should go grab some!

    Pixy Stix and Teacher Tricks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the heads up! I grabbed me some today! :)

      Hilary

      Delete
  2. Hi there! I love your ideas!
    I am your newest follower :) I would love you to check out my brand new blog at
    http://kindergarten-blossoms.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

My Blog List

Labels

Add to Google

Total Pageviews

Follow on Bloglovin