Thursday, April 1, 2021

Earth Day Digital Escape Room


Earth Day is April 22! I can't believe how fast time is going! I've always wanted to create an Earth Day resource, but I never could figure out what I wanted to do. Now, since I found genial.ly, the most amazing tool to help me, I was able to create a digital Earth Day escape room. The nice thing about making my escape rooms with genial.ly is that there is no need for kids to need to make copies from Google. Many school districts are not allowing students to make copies from outside their districts. Ugh! A hurdle, but it made me have to think outside the box. Watch this video to see a little more about the escape room.


Now, I have to admit, I got a little carried away with this escape room and there is a lot for each of the sections. However, I have the PERFECT solution for the length! This is how I would handle it in my classroom:
  1. Discuss Earth Day and have the students discuss what they know and what they would like to know. (KWL)
  2. Assign the escape room using Google Classroom or other LMS like Canvas, Blackboard, etc.
  3. Have the students read the scenario and instructions located on the START button. Tell them you are going to just do one section a day and that they will keep track of their escape codes during the week. There is a planning page inside the escape room, however, students do have to make a copy of this for their Google Drive. You can make a copy of this page on your Google Drive and then send it to your students if they have trouble getting to it. The other solution is to have them use good ol' pencil and paper! :) I also put the planning page on TpT as an Easel digital activity, so you could assign it to them that way as well.
  4. Have students click on the #1 in the escape room to begin learning about the history of Earth Day.
  5. After they read, watch, play the games, and solve the clue, have a class discussion and tell them you will do #2 tomorrow!
Now, since there are 5 clues, that's 5 days of lesson plans for the week of Earth Day! Sounds like a winner to me!

I hope you and your kids have as much fun as I did with this Earth Day digital escape room

Earth Day Digital Escape Room


Oh, and happy Earth Day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

My Blog List

Labels

Add to Google

Total Pageviews

Follow on Bloglovin