Friday, August 6, 2021

We all Scream for Ice Cream!


Right before school starts each year, students, teachers, and parents gather together at our school for an Ice Cream Social. It’s a chance for everyone to see classrooms, meet teachers, and stuff faces with sugar. I love getting to meet my new students and honestly one of the only times I see some of their parents’ faces all year!


I love giving my students something on this day for the night before school or just to show I am excited to meet them. Do I have a budget for this? No, of course not! I need to get creative for what is going to be cheap for 25-30 kids and be exciting. NOT an easy task. I have found that kids love things that are not a school supply. I guess teachers are the only ones that love getting some new pencils or pens! 


I try to stay away from candy just because of allergies, BUT if you didn’t know Dum Dum suckers are gluten free, nut free,  AND they come in a pack of more than 24 which is always a win. If you are going to do a gift, start NOW to prep these and have them ready so you are not stressed when the time comes. 


Here’s some back to school gift ideas that won’t break your budget!


Bubbles with tag



Mazes with tag (Amazon a pack of 36 for $12!)

Glow Sticks with tag
(Dollar Store find and they come in packs of 4 so this makes a cheap gift!)

Glasses with tag (Amazon 36 for $13)


Use Dum Dum Suckers with FREE tag
(Usually purchased at any grocery store!)

If you are feeling fancy you can wrap your gifts or put them in bags.

Here is a FREE tag I found to edit!


No gift, no problem! Kids will just enjoy getting to meet you and see their new home for the next year. Check out this FREE night before school poem I made!





Would love to see your back to school ideas!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

My Blog List

Labels

Add to Google

Total Pageviews

Follow on Bloglovin